Saturday, February 28, 2009

Drew's Birthday

Four years ago my life changed forever. I became a mother. Little did I know then how much I would learn about life, love, and what really matters. I look back now and ask, how did I ever truly understand what love was before I knew without a doubt what it was to love someone more than myself? How did I understand what it was to sacrifice before I was forced to constantly put someone else's needs above my own? How could I have fully comprehended the meaning of life before I was given a hand in shaping the life of another? Parenthood doesn't merely alter your world. It creates a seismic shift so much so you hardly recognize or remember life before parenthood. Having children has enriched my life far beyond what I could've envisioned, and I'm eternally grateful to God for giving me that blessing.

Drew turned four today, and I just can't believe how time has flown by. It seems only yesterday he was turning one and I was crying because he was no longer my "baby." We celebrated last night so Ryan could make it. We had homemade pizza and a four-layer chocolate cream cake! The highlight of his gifts was a red cape my sister made that looked exactly like the cape Prince Phillip wore in Sleeping Beauty. He didn't want to take it off when we put pajamas on. Next week we celebrate Matt's birthday, and we're looking forward to another fun party! Here are some pictures of Drew's milestones through the years.

Birth...

Blessing Day...

1st Birthday...

2nd Birthday...

3rd Birthday...

4th Birthday...

3 comments:

Sarah C said...

Happy Birthday Drew!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Drew! I can't believe how big he has gotten! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW! It does feel like yesterday when you had him... wow time flies! He looks adorable in all of those pictures. HOW ARE YOU??? I haven't talked to you forever and we are definitely due for a 3 hour long conversation all while ignoring our children. =) Tell Ryan hey!!

Monster Mash

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!