Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thank You, Pool

As you may have read from a previous entry, we are currently challenged to embark on fun activities during the day that don't burn us to a crisp. Enter new wading pool. This little 8-foot baby has been a great addition to our backyard, providing a cool alternative that keeps the kids active. We got back from the store with the new item at 7:30pm (bath & p.j.'s time), but I just couldn't send them to bed knowing the fun awaiting them. It was still more than 90 degrees outside, so I knew temperature wouldn't be an issue. So after some convincing to Ryan, I put the kids in their swimsuits and headed outside to fill the pool. They were literally jumping up and down with anticipation to climb in!
They each wanted a chance to "man the hose."Unlike the bathtub, they couldn't get in trouble for kicking water in here! Yay!Drew's fun peaked when he realized he could hit me with the water!

3 comments:

kdance said...

Brenda!!! It's so good to see what's going on with you. I've really been missing your beautiful face in YW every Sunday! I just bought a pool for Evan, but Dave thinks I should return it. Now I'm totally wanting to keep it for Evan after seeing your post.

Holy cow! I just finished Wuthering Heights! What a coincidence. What do you think??? I loved it.

Carrie said...

Hi guys! It's your cousin Carrie & I just saw your link on the family website. These things are so stinkin' fun :) I think I've only met you once Brenda, but it seems like we have a lot in common. :)
Your boys are so big & I love the stories & handsome pictures. Good luck in your new adventure! Ours will start someday soon, I hope. :)

Sarah C said...

Yeah! That looks like so much fun!

Monster Mash

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!