Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Someone's In The House!

The other night we were having a hard time keeping Drew in bed. He kept getting out and crying for me at the top of the stairs to tuck him back in. Ryan and I were gritting our teeth with frustration since we can pretty much count on the kids sleeping soundly through the night. It was almost 11:00pm when I made what I thought was my last trip upstairs to put Drew back in bed. It wasn't two minutes later when I heard the patio door blinds suddenly flutter around and the door open. My heart lept out of my chest, and with a hiss I whispered, "Someone's in the house!" Ryan heard the noise too and went to the bedroom door to peak around the corner to view the glass door. My mind started visualizing his head violently whip back as some intruder struck him with a baseball bat (or worse) when Ryan turned to me and said, "I can't see... maybe I should turn on the light." In horror I responded, "You mean so the robber can see you better before he shoots you in the face?" Ryan returned to the nightstand to retrieve his glasses and then disappeared out of sight to investigate. I held my breath and started to contemplate life without a spouse when he came back to give the report: It was Drew! In a flash he had snuck downstairs and slipped outside because he wanted to play in the pool. I knew the pool was a good find, but good heavens! Did we really need the heart attack?

1 comment:

James and Jessica Ford said...

I just read your blog for the first time. It is cracking me up. Tell Ryan I loved his story and I loved your explanation of El Paso. Change is always good. DOn't we love it. It is so good to hear of all your adventures. I love it.

Monster Mash

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!